Applications for GTI 2016 staff have been released! Go to the following link, and fill out the online application: http://georgiati.org/materials/staff-application/. All the information you need is right there! Don’t wait to apply; applications are due January 8, 2016 by 5 pm!
Below are some important dates to keep in mind when applying.
- Staff Development Weekend 1: March 11-13, 2016
- Staff Development Weekend 2: June 10-13, 2016
- GTI Week 1: June 14-17, 2016
- Staff Development Weekend 2.5: June 19 & 20, 2016
- GTI Week 2: June 21-24, 2016
If you need any convincing to join us next summer, check out these five reasons you need to be on GTI Staff! Please click here to check it out: http://guideinc.org/2014/11/11/five-reasons-to-be-on-gti-staff-in-2015/.
Posted in Bartow, Floyd, General, Headlines
Tagged alcohol, Awareness, Bartow, bartow youth action team, camp, drug free, Floyd, fun, GTI, prevention, staff, YAT
Sometimes teenagers stress over finding the perfect stars and stripes outfit for July 4th. Also, for the fourth of July, many families observe a firework show or have large family gatherings. When having these entertaining family get-togethers, protection from ultraviolet (UV) radiation is vital, especially on the fourth of July, but also all year round, not just during the summer or at the beach. UV rays from the sun can reach you on cloudy and hazy days, as well as bright and sunny days. UV rays can also reflect off of surfaces like water, cement, sand, and snow. The hours between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. are the most dangerous for UV exposure in the United States. UV rays from sunlight are the greatest during late spring and early summer in North America.
Easy Options for Protecting Yourself from UV Radiation
(Provided by the CDC):
• Stay in the shade, especially during midday hours.
• Wear clothing that covers your arms and legs.
• Wear a hat with a wide brim to shade your face, head, ears, and neck.
• Wear sunglasses that wrap around and block both UVA and UVB rays.
• Use sunscreen with sun protection factor (SPF) 15 or higher, and both UVA and UVB protection
Featured Youth Blogger: Amelia, Bartow Youth Action Team
Posted in General, Headlines
Tagged Bartow, bartow youth action team, fireworks, fourth of july, fun, holiday, protection, summer, sun, UV, YAT