Georgia Teen Institute Applications are HERE–> GTI 2017 Statewide Registration Packet
If you are a member of the Bartow or Floyd Youth Action Team (OR you would like to be a member) and would like to go, it will be first come first serve with a maximum of 7 team members per Youth Action Team. You must get your application back to Christa Gilmore by Wednesday April 5th!
- We will be attending WEEK ONE: June 12th-June 15th.
- Transportation provided, all meals included, will be staying in the dorms
- Drop off applications at either: The Bartow Teen Center (140 Douglas Street Cartersville) or the Floyd Teen Center (16 East 12th Street Rome–Health Department)
- Email scanned application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
To learn more about what to expect, check out this “Day In The Life.”
Posted in Bartow, Floyd, General, Headlines
Tagged Bartow, camp, Floyd, Georgia Teen Institute, GTI, leadership, Pencils, YAT, Youth, Youth Action Team
Prom is right around the corner! Before you go stressing out on whether or not you can afford a beautiful new dress or to rent a tux, check out The Dress Closet in Rome, GA! 100’s of FREE new and gently used formal wear is available! Don’t miss out on an important night of your life just because you have nothing to wear.
All you need to do is call and set up an appointment, show up, try on whatever you like and then take it home FREE! See below for more information 🙂
ATTENTION: Bartow and Floyd Youth Action Team Members
Team Applications are now AVAILABLE! A few things that you need to know:
- We are going June 14th-17th (please do not apply unless you are actually available for these dates).
- There is no cost for you.
- We will provide the transportation.
- We will stay in the dorms on campus at Emory’s campus in Oxford, GA (about an hour-1.5 hours away).
- You MUST be a member of the Bartow or Floyd YAT in order to apply.
- You need to complete pages 10-11, COMPLETELY before turning it in.
- I must have all applications NO LATER than April 1st.
- We can only take up to 6 members from each team **Depending on how many apply and how many Adult chaperones we must take, this number may fluctuate.
- For more information about the camp: www.georgiati.org
- Bartow Team Members: You may drop off your application at 140 Douglas Street and put it under the door of the room we meet in (Teen Center). The building is typically unlocked Monday-Thursday 8-5pm, and Friday 8-1 pm. You MUST text me at 770-546-9510 at the time you drop it off so that I know who the first 6 applications are! All additional applications turned in, will be put on the waiting list.
- Floyd Team Members: You may drop off your application at 16 East 12th Street (Floyd Health Dept), and leave it with someone at the front desk and tell them that it is for “Christa Gilmore.” The building is unlocked Monday-Thursday 8-5pm, and Friday 8-2 pm. You MUST text me at 770-546-9510 at the time you drop it off so that I know who the first 6 applications are! All additional applications turned in, will be put on the waiting list.
GTI 2016 Statewide Registration Packet_FINAL
It is that time of year! Time to recruit new members! If you know a high school aged youth in the Floyd County or Rome City School system that would like to participate in a leadership development organization that focuses on teen related issues and National campaigns to raise awareness and educate their peers, send them to the Bartow Youth Action Team Recruitment meeting on January 25th at 6pm. Click here for the flyer: 2016 Recruitment Flyer FYAT
Text 770.546.9510 to RSVP for the meeting!
Christa Gilmore is the Adult Advisor for the Bartow and Floyd Youth Action Teams. She is the Youth Development Coordinator for NW GA Public Health. For more info: email@example.com
This year’s Floyd Teen Maze Community Preview Night will be held Tuesday October 27th from 6:30 pm-7:30 pm. FREE, everyone welcome (children with parental supervision). For more information, check out the attached flyer!
Everyone who is planning to attend the upcoming meeting on Monday October 19th at 6pm need to have your parent sign the permission form for you to participate in the focus group with Dr. Allred from Berry College. Please bring your signed form with you to the meeting! Dr. Allred will be providing refreshments. Feel free to bring friends!! They would like a good size & diverse group!
See you all Monday!
FAD Parental Informed Consent fall 2015
Posted in Floyd, General
Tagged Floyd, YAT