Georgia Teen Institute Applications are HERE–> GTI 2017 Statewide Registration Packet
If you are a member of the Bartow or Floyd Youth Action Team (OR you would like to be a member) and would like to go, it will be first come first serve with a maximum of 7 team members per Youth Action Team. You must get your application back to Christa Gilmore by Wednesday April 5th!
- We will be attending WEEK ONE: June 12th-June 15th.
- Transportation provided, all meals included, will be staying in the dorms
- Drop off applications at either: The Bartow Teen Center (140 Douglas Street Cartersville) or the Floyd Teen Center (16 East 12th Street Rome–Health Department)
- Email scanned application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
To learn more about what to expect, check out this “Day In The Life.”
Posted in Bartow, Floyd, General, Headlines
Tagged Bartow, camp, Floyd, Georgia Teen Institute, GTI, leadership, Pencils, YAT, Youth, Youth Action Team
Red Ribbon Week has officially concluded, but the message the Bartow and Floyd Youth Action Teams spread will stick in social media history forever!
Red Ribbon Week, which was nationally recognized October 23-31st, has touched the lives of millions of people around the world. In response to the murder of DEA Agent Enrique Camarena, angered parents and youth in communities across the country began wearing Red Ribbons as a symbol of their commitment to raise awareness of the killing and destruction cause by drugs in America.
Bartow & Floyd Youth Action Teams partnered with GUIDE Inc., Floyd Against Drugs, and the Coalition to Prevent the Misuse of Alcohol to spread the #MyStoryIs campaign. The point of the campaign was that the best stories are drug free!
Some of the activities that the Bartow Youth Action Team did included:
Both teams did an excellent job partnering with local community organizations to get their messages across to as many people within the community as possible. Red Ribbon Week is only one of many ways that both teams hope to raise awareness and educate around the dangers of drugs and how fulfilling life can be without them. Keep an eye out for future campaigns around Bartow and Floyd!
Posted in Bartow, Floyd, General, Headlines
Tagged Bartow YAT, bartow youth action team, CPMA, FAD, Floyd Against Drugs, Floyd YAT, floyd youth action team, Rethink the Drink, RRW, WHS, Woodland Way
All Floyd YAT who will be attending Monday’s October 17th meeting at 6pm, needs to download this form and bring it to the meeting signed! You will be participating in a fun focus group with Berry College after our regular meeting convenes. Snacks will be provided 🙂 If you have any questions, text Christa!
Monday March 21st, we will be having a FREE catered event at Heritage Hall (415 E. 3rd Avenue Rome, GA) to educate female caregivers and their daughters on HPV and the vaccine. RSVP by THIS FRIDAY March 18th!
- Raffle prizes
- Educational materials
Prom is right around the corner! Before you go stressing out on whether or not you can afford a beautiful new dress or to rent a tux, check out The Dress Closet in Rome, GA! 100’s of FREE new and gently used formal wear is available! Don’t miss out on an important night of your life just because you have nothing to wear.
All you need to do is call and set up an appointment, show up, try on whatever you like and then take it home FREE! See below for more information 🙂
ATTENTION: Bartow and Floyd Youth Action Team Members
Team Applications are now AVAILABLE! A few things that you need to know:
- We are going June 14th-17th (please do not apply unless you are actually available for these dates).
- There is no cost for you.
- We will provide the transportation.
- We will stay in the dorms on campus at Emory’s campus in Oxford, GA (about an hour-1.5 hours away).
- You MUST be a member of the Bartow or Floyd YAT in order to apply.
- You need to complete pages 10-11, COMPLETELY before turning it in.
- I must have all applications NO LATER than April 1st.
- We can only take up to 6 members from each team **Depending on how many apply and how many Adult chaperones we must take, this number may fluctuate.
- For more information about the camp: www.georgiati.org
- Bartow Team Members: You may drop off your application at 140 Douglas Street and put it under the door of the room we meet in (Teen Center). The building is typically unlocked Monday-Thursday 8-5pm, and Friday 8-1 pm. You MUST text me at 770-546-9510 at the time you drop it off so that I know who the first 6 applications are! All additional applications turned in, will be put on the waiting list.
- Floyd Team Members: You may drop off your application at 16 East 12th Street (Floyd Health Dept), and leave it with someone at the front desk and tell them that it is for “Christa Gilmore.” The building is unlocked Monday-Thursday 8-5pm, and Friday 8-2 pm. You MUST text me at 770-546-9510 at the time you drop it off so that I know who the first 6 applications are! All additional applications turned in, will be put on the waiting list.
GTI 2016 Statewide Registration Packet_FINAL
It is that time of year! Time to recruit new members! If you know a high school aged youth in the Floyd County or Rome City School system that would like to participate in a leadership development organization that focuses on teen related issues and National campaigns to raise awareness and educate their peers, send them to the Bartow Youth Action Team Recruitment meeting on January 25th at 6pm. Click here for the flyer: 2016 Recruitment Flyer FYAT
Text 770.546.9510 to RSVP for the meeting!
Christa Gilmore is the Adult Advisor for the Bartow and Floyd Youth Action Teams. She is the Youth Development Coordinator for NW GA Public Health. For more info: email@example.com