This year’s Floyd Teen Maze Community Preview Night will be held Tuesday October 27th from 6:30 pm-7:30 pm. FREE, everyone welcome (children with parental supervision). For more information, check out the attached flyer!
Everyone who is planning to attend the upcoming meeting on Monday October 19th at 6pm need to have your parent sign the permission form for you to participate in the focus group with Dr. Allred from Berry College. Please bring your signed form with you to the meeting! Dr. Allred will be providing refreshments. Feel free to bring friends!! They would like a good size & diverse group!
See you all Monday!
FAD Parental Informed Consent fall 2015
Posted in Floyd, General
Tagged Floyd, YAT
Natural High….what does that even mean?
With Red Ribbon Week 2015 coming up later this month, we here at Just Us Teens wanted to encourage you to continue living for your passions and pursuing your dreams! Your Natural High is something that you LOVE doing, that you are great at, that makes you feel inspired! It could be playing sports, writing, shopping, laughing! When you focus on your Natural High instead of drugs or alcohol, you are able to dream more, learn more, do more and become your best self!
Bartow & Floyd Youth Action Team Members! Comment below with your Natural High and be entered in to win prizes and potentially get your Natural High on a t-shirt at Georgia Teen Institute 2016! You can be the winner if you submit the most Natural Highs!
Posted in Bartow, Floyd, Headlines
Tagged alcohol, award, Awareness, Bartow, Bartow YAT, bartow youth action team, Floyd, Floyd YAT, GTI, Natural, Red Ribbon Week, RRW
Applications for GTI 2016 staff have been released! Go to the following link, and fill out the online application: http://georgiati.org/materials/staff-application/. All the information you need is right there! Don’t wait to apply; applications are due January 8, 2016 by 5 pm!
Below are some important dates to keep in mind when applying.
- Staff Development Weekend 1: March 11-13, 2016
- Staff Development Weekend 2: June 10-13, 2016
- GTI Week 1: June 14-17, 2016
- Staff Development Weekend 2.5: June 19 & 20, 2016
- GTI Week 2: June 21-24, 2016
If you need any convincing to join us next summer, check out these five reasons you need to be on GTI Staff! Please click here to check it out: http://guideinc.org/2014/11/11/five-reasons-to-be-on-gti-staff-in-2015/.
Posted in Bartow, Floyd, General, Headlines
Tagged alcohol, Awareness, Bartow, bartow youth action team, camp, drug free, Floyd, fun, GTI, prevention, staff, YAT
Relapse prevention strategies are significant to a teenager’s life on a daily basis as well as during enticing times such as the holidays. This Halloween have a plan for avoiding drugs and alcohol, all while spending quality time with your friends and family.
Strategies for Relapse Prevention for Halloween
1. Plan your own Halloween event at home. When hosting a Halloween party, you can control who will attend and be absolutely guaranteed there will not be any alcohol or drugs present. By hosting your own Halloween party, you are also able to avoid people who are under the influence of these substances.
2. Celebrate the holiday traditionally. Carrying on family Halloween traditions can essentially be an effective method for relapse prevention. These traditional activities include bobbing for apples, haunted houses, sweet treats, elaborate costumes, and face painting. Make this Halloween special, memorable, and something that you can be proud of.
3. Participate in a Halloween run. Instead of indulging yourself with chocolate or other candy, go run a 5K, 10K, Half Marathon, or Marathon on October 31, 2015. Running races are a great way to support local organizations.
Races in Georgia on Halloween (October 31, 2015):
• XTERRA Georgia Battle at Big Creek 10/5 Mile Trail Run (Roswell, Georgia)
• Garden Gallop 5K (Kennesaw, Georgia)
• Zombie Run Atlanta 5K (Atlanta, Georgia)
• Silver Comet Half and Full Marathon (Mableton, Georgia)
Featured Youth Blogger: Amelia, Bartow Youth Action Team