Hi there! We’re excited that you are checking us out here at JustUsTeens! Our goal is to be a resource for you and other teens out there as you are doing your best to navigate these tricky teen years! Check back with us often as we will have tips and helpful information on many different topics that will apply to you.
The more you know about sex, relationships, waiting, and contraception along with the dangers of alcohol, tobacco and other drugs, the better prepared you will be to make the right choices along the way. We’re not trying to tell you what to do, we just want to give you something to think about and provide you with accurate information. Ultimately, it’ll be up to you make the best decision!
Did you know that…..
- Georgia has the 13th highest teen birth rate in the United States
- Georgia is ranked 21st for chlamydia cases, 11th for gonorrhea, 4th for syphilis, and 9th for AIDS cases nationally?
- Less than half of teens in high school (only 42% of girls and 43% of boys) have had sex. That means that more than half of all high school students are virgins?
- That 1 in 5 teens who have been in a serious relationship report being hit, slapped, or pushed by their partner?
- Kids who drink alcohol before the age of 15 are 5 times for likely to have alcohol problems before they are adults?
- 1 in 3 youth smokers will eventually die from a tobacco-related disease?
We also want to encourage and promote youth involvement around our communities!
Feel free to navigate around the site and check out more information about our 2 fabulous Youth Action Teams and see pictures from all of the great events that they have been a part of! Interested in joining? Look under About Us and if you have any questions, feel free to send us a message!